Munro GPS Route Maker

Munro GPS Route Maker

Jonathan

Hi folks, its here! The new Route Maker. Click on 'routes' then 'route maker' in the sub menu. It's not perfect yet, but it basically works. Using this feature, you can zoom in on an OS map, and click to add a route. I'm going to start adding a few routes I know of, and I hope other members start adding routes too. There will be a link to download the GPS coordinates soon - so you can plan your trip, and load onto your GPS.

I'm also going to allow users to create 'public' or 'personal' routes - so you can create your own maps of your trips without worrying about the rest of world seeing it.

At the moment it just lists the routes in one list, but i'm going to add features to search routes by region, munros crossed, and show the routes on a map etc.

Ofcourse, becuase these routes will be added by general users of the site, munromap does not make any claims to accuracy of the routes, and as always, it's down to the individual to have a map, compass, and know how to navigate.

As always, please contact me, or post a message with any ideas and suggestions

This looks great but unfortunately the route maker is not working for me. Maybe it's the browser I'm using or I'm needing to update some software. I use a Mac at work but have yet to try it on my home pc. Is anyone else having problems with mapping new routes?
I was trying list a route I used to do the 4 Munros @ Drumochter, leaving bikes @ layby north of Dalnaspindal Lodge (I chained my bike to fence on track leading under railway, grid ref 634753). Continue drive up Balsporran Cottages and start walk up Geal Charn first, took me 6.5hrs back to car.

Jonathan

hmm, could be that. it relies on a lot of JavaScript, so might be a mac thing. I'll try it on various computers when ever I can and try and make it as reliable as possible!

Nope, doesn't work on my home pc either. Is anyone getting it to work?

Jonathan

hmm. Looks like i'm going to have to do some more work on this!

Jonathan

New system OS Route Mapping in place - seems to work much better now. Again - please let me know if you find any issues...

Finally I got it to work and it\'s great. Have added Drumochter 4. Beginning to think it was me not doing it correctly. Getting to grips with it now tho. I\'ll add more routes when I have time, most are variations on what\'s in Munro Book but bagging more in one trip.

Jonathan

thanks for that. Yes, it nows works better, but it think it\'s still early days for this system! A couple of features that I hope to add soon are a total distance calculator, and for it list the munros which are covered by each route. This will then make it easier to find a route..

Please log in to post a response.