Website Features

Website Features

There are few more features i'd like to add. - routes for each mountain - a photo gallery for each mountain. But, if you can suggest anything, just let me know! If you notice any problems or issues with this website - feel free to contact me, or post a comment here, and i'll see what i can do...

Jonathan

Update: The new site seems to be working ok. I've still got a few more bits to do on it, but I'm now working on create a 'photo gallery' for each and every mountain! I've got quite a few photos myself, but i hope shortly all members will be able to add their photos and comments about particular mountains...

Jonathan

mountain maps. New feature - you can now view individual aerial maps of each mountain. Go to the 'munro list' and click on the mountain names...

Jonathan

Gallery: The munro photo gallery is nearly ready! Still working on a few aspects of this, but hopefully there will be something in the next week or so....

Jonathan

hopefully i've just fixed the forum, so folk can again add comments.....

Jonathan

:)

Jonathan

Major Map Update :: You may have noticed that the icons on the map weren't too accurate. I've started work on a new version of the map, accurately positioning the icons with Lat / Lon coordinates (before, i was trying to crudely convert OS grid references...)

This new version should be more useful, and hopefully allow for more features in the future...

Jonathan

the replacement google maps is in place - if anyone notices any problems let me know! <br><br>2 things currently on my 'to do' list: <br>pdf map - i'm going to add a pdf download of the map, - just thought it may be useful to people! <br><br>munro map on your own website! the idea is that you can put a version of the map on your own site, so you can show people what you've done.

Getting better every time I visit- keep it up son!

Jonathan

you've probably noticed the new 'weather' and 'webcams' page, and a slight change to menu at the top. I'm looking to improve these pages as time goes on, but as always, feel free to post through ideas and suggestions....

You say you hope to put routes on your site, would these be downloadable to a GPS or a printable map with text etc?
Great Site by the way.

Jonathan

Yeah, I'm hoping to do that. I've been working on a new look, and a few new features. Route are probably the next thing to try and add. I don't have time to add routes myself, but i'd like to let users submit routes and descriptions to the site, and hopefully build up a good database of these routes.

Please log in to post a response.