Favourite / Least Favourite Munro!

Favourite / Least Favourite Munro!

Jonathan

For me, its An Teallach and Carn Bhac. See if you can guess which is which...

Ladhar Bheinn in Knoydart. Least favourite cos of heavy pack I had carried all day (12 noon to 7pm) just to get to summit. Favourite tho cos what a feeling on top after great climb. Sun came out and superb views. Took another 3 hours to get to wild campsite spot.. absolutely knackered but what a day!

For me Sgurr Mor is the best, a tough walk up but the views are so rewading, least favourite is An Coileacan.

This summer (\'09) Binnein Mor (from Binnein Beag - a nice scramble directly up the ridge.

Danny

Best, Buacheille Etive Mor (Stob Dearg)via January Jigsaw. Worst, Ben Nevis, it\'s a complete drag via tourist path.

Ben Nevis isn\'t the best if going up the tourist route, however, going up Carn Mor Dearg ridge up to Nevis is so much better - quieter, bit of a scramble and views more spectacular - just the tourist route to suffer on the descent!

Jonathan

I totally agree with Tricia - in fact, I\'ve added a Nevis route to the route page - http://www.munromap.co.uk/routes/routemap.php?route=26 which takes in Carn Mor Dearg - the views are amazing, as opposed to the tourist track where the views are of a long boring slope going on and on infront of you!

Craig Brackenridge

My favourite is Meall Nan Tarmachan and the Tarmachan Ridge. We walked it in heavy snow on 2nd January when I was 19 and it\'s the best hangover cure ever. I think my least favourite would be Ben Lomond, although more because of the number of walkers I passed wearing trainers!

james mcphate

The Aonach Eagach Ridge, Glencoe is one of my favs , but a real scary mary , you have got to do it in the summer.

Gary

Beinn Alligin is tops for me,I did it clockwise in full sun last week.
The location by the sea with far reaching views,the task involving the Horns is hard but not too difficult for the average walker so it keeps its interest.Close to other rugged ,steep ,remote Torridon hills so it comands atmosphere.
I still have a few to complete so I may find a better one yet.

Stephen

I'm loving Ben Starav at the moment. I can't think of one that I've not enjoyed.

Please log in to post a response.