Starting out

Starting out

Deni

Hi, i done the whw last year and the ggw a few weeks ago, kina got a bug for this kind of stuff now. Im planning a wee trip this weekend, planning on taking the van, doing a munro or two on the sat, driving somewhere else close to another munro, sleeping in the van and doing it in the sun morning, can anyone recommend a few munros that would be good to do as a two day thing with nice drive from each?

Deni

Sorry forgot to say im from central belt so not redicously far away from there.<br />
Thanks

Gary

I quite often stay in my panel van overnight as a way to make the trips up north affordable.It also means that I can be flexable with where to walk from if the weather forcast favours a particular area.I feel its important to always have a shower at the end of a hard sweaty day which can quite often mean a cold stream.Inside the van can be colder than a canvas tent but its all a question of layers,and the van won't move in a storm.

Jonathan

Hi Deni,

as far as routes go, it's good to be weather flexible.
I've done plenty of overnight trips ending sleeping in back of my citroen berlingo!

However, if you have a weekend, bothies/camping are a good option.
If I had two days, i'd often try and push for the longer walks, reserving the easy access climbs for later when I may only have one day.

One of my favourite over nighters, accessible from north or south would be heading in to Ben Alter, and staying at Culra bothy (take a tent in summer as it get's busy)
It's also a good one to take a bike to knock off the the first few kms on the 4x4 road
[url]http://www.munromap.co.uk/munros/info/Ben_Alder[/url]

Please log in to post a response.