Routes Wanted

Routes Wanted

Jonathan

Hi folks, another new and improved interface design is now in place, and I'm working on a new feature - route details.

I'm hoping to implement a feature where registered users can add route details to the site for everyone to see. I also want to add GPS coordinate position lists, so people put these routes into their GPS, and also see a nice overlay of the route on the google earth map. (I'd also like to be able to overlay the route onto OS maps too, but i'm not that the OS have any free online system that allows this!)

In the meantime, if any one has any route description - or GPS routes i'd love to hear from you, and I'll put them up manually

Many thanks

Jon

Jonathan

I'm still working on a system for adding routes. Progress is being made, and hopefully I'll have something up and running soon.

Jonathan

You may notice the routes section is starting to come together.
http://www.munromap.co.uk/routes/

I've now got a system which can read gps routes.

I'm going to create an upload feature soon so that munro map members can upload their routes. Hopefully we'll be able to build up a comprehensive set of routes soon!

Jonathan

Just managed to get some more work done on this system, and soon there should be a feature to 'create routes'. You will also be able to use this feature to simple draw outlines of where you've walked, and check the distances. It should be possible to download and upload routes to GPS as well...

Please log in to post a response.