Lightweight Camping Stoves

Lightweight Camping Stoves

Vicky

I'm looking to invest in a stove for some wild camping. Does anyone have any suggestions? It would be good to have something that packs small. I've looked at the Jetboil systems, though I was hoping to stick around the £70 mark. Any ideas or shared knowledge would be very welcome.

Ted

I have found the pocket rocket excellent. It packs down very small and is very light. It's none too expensive as well.

Vicky

Thanks Tundraboy. Sounds like a good suggestion. Will check it out next time in shopping.

Shaun

Caldera Cone Stove might be worth a look if your just boiling water.

Rob

I have a coleman petrol stove, a little bulky but light and cheap to fill and cooks fab. comes in a plastic box for storage. Used it for years and still going strong. Less than £30 off ebay :-)

Rob

John

Pocket rocket very good indeed!
Used for many years with no problems.
Small and neat package.

Vicky

Thanks for the advice. I eventually went for the Pocket Rocket and have been very impressed. It's light, efficient and a tidy bit of kit. Now all I need is a nice lightweight kettle... :-)

John

I have a titanium pan with lid and cup. Pan size allows a medium size gas canister to fit inside which makes for good packing. Use when mountain bothying. Have assembled a complete lightweight bothying backpacking kit over the last few years through trial and error AND COST!
Cheers,
John

Vicky

John - Is that an MSR kettle? They look good, but not cheap!

John

Try Optimus which is what I have. It has been great and gas canister fits perfectly inside for easy packing.
Cheers,
John

PS - Hope to be bagging next weekend.

Please log in to post a response.