Ads

Ads

Julie

Why have I started getting ads?

Jonathan

Hi Julie. There's been ads on the site for years. I try and make sure they're positioned in places that aren't annoying. They provide a very small trickle income to what's a personal project I do that in my own spare time, and cover the cost of hosting etc.

Richard

I'm sorry, but they are very annoying and obtrusive! It's such a shame for a site which is otherwise excellent. How about a version which doesn't have adverts, but you have to pay if you want to enter more than 50 munros ? By that time they will be committed!

Jonathan

Hi folks,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not keen on making a forced subscription service, however I've just had a thought that I could add a system where members could give a 'one off donation' amount of their choice to get add free.

Richard

I think that is a very good idea - I expect you would get a lot more users. As it stands, I just wouldn't go to the effort of entering my 200+ Munro's, but if I had paid/donated £10-£20, I would have considered it a good investment. But maybe I would also first like some way of downloading to local .csv file the Munro's / Corbett's I've entered, just in case the site goes belly-up / gets discontinued, and all work entering the information is lost.

Jonathan

Hi Folks,

I've set up a pay where you can make a donation to the site. I will then set your account to 'ad free'!

I hope this is a good solution for people, and thanks for the suggestions.

Brian

Hi,
I seem to have started getting ads again after paying a donation.
Any chance it could be sorted out?
Many thanks.
Brian.

Brian

Hi,
I seem to have started getting ads again after paying a donation.
Any chance it could be sorted out?
Many thanks.
Brian.

Please log in to post a response.